Insultec Heat Reflective Paint
Insultec is a range of coatings and membranes with a remarkable ability to stop heat transfer. By applying a coating to the external surface of a building, Insultec will “re-radiate” 95% of solar infra-red rays and 85% of Ultra Violet Rays back into the atmosphere.
This is a giant leap forward in paint technology. It completely out dates other coatings which rely on reflection and conventional internally fitted systems such as fibreglass batts or foam.
The formulation of Insultec is unique. It is unsurpassed in its ability to stop damage caused but the transfer of solar heat. By successfully combining an unique “re-radiating” component with a resin base, the manufacturers have developed a range of coatings which has maximum efficiency for a wide range of applications.
How Does Insultec Work
Insultec is applied to the external surface of a structure in fluid form and dries to form a solid protective finish. Typical uses and effects include:
- On metal roofing, to reduce expansion and contraction – a cause of structural damage which requires continual maintenance or leads to premature replacement.
- On concrete, to reduce expansion and contraction – a cause of masonry cracking.
- To reduce the reliance on mechanical means of cooling internal air space in buildings, factories and warehouses thus using less energy which will save you money. Where air conditioning is required, a smaller unit may be sufficient.
- You can increase productivity and performance, plus lower absenteeism with an improved working / living environment for your personnel and provide better conditions for customers.
- You can reduce stock losses caused by overheated warehouses.
Insultec can effectively reduce costs by extending structural life expectancy and by reducing energy consumption. Savings on air conditioning usage have been reported above 61%. Combined savings on labour, energy and structural repair make economic sense in today’s conditions where money and cash flow is tight. Plus you are doing something positive for greenhouse gas emissions through less demand on electricity for air conditioning.
- Water clear acrylic, excellent resistance to UV
- Very good durability
- High resistance to finger marks, minerals, alkalis, grease etc.
- Very good self-cleaning properties.
- On metal, to reduce expansion and contraction, a cause of structural damage which requires continual maintenance or leads to premature replacement.
- On concrete, to reduce expansion and contractions, a cause of masonry cracking.
- To reduce the reliance on mechanical means of cooling internal air space.
- In air conditioned buildings, less wattage is needed. Where air conditioning is required, a smaller unit may be sufficient.
- For surface preparation please refer to our product data sheets.
- Insultec can be retrofit or applied to new substrate. It can be used over virtually and substrate and ken be sprayed in hot conditions.
- Coverage: Approximately 12 – 16 sq.meters per liter.
- Packaging: 20-liter pails.